Sunday 6 May 2012

Made by Me May - Day 3

And now introducing our babies. We have had a few cats and one dog over the years, but we currently have three cats.
Mr. Wobbly was rescued after the first quake in September 2010.  He was found unconscious under a damaged house and lived at the vets for two months while he was healing, I fell in love at first sight when I saw him on Trade Me but he is well and truly the Mr's Baby.

Mr. Wobbly or Wobs
                                      

After the 22 February 2011 Quake, we couldn't do much to help, but we took in 10 kittens from 3 litters who had been abandoned.  We couldn't keep them all, but did keep one.  Jack is my boy and much like his mummy is very vocal.  We are always finding him curled up asleep in the strangest places, the recycling bags is one of his favourite spots

Jack
                                       
Kitty is a very recent addition, acquired from a friend who could no longer keep her, she is approx 6 months old and fast made firm friends with both our boys. She loves to join in with whatever we are doing and is usually curled up next to me whenever I'm on the computer, or attacking the sewing machine when I trying to get my refashions done. We suspect she may be pregnant, so keep an eye out for updates.

Kitty Kat

Todays' refashion is another kids t-shirt from the throw away items.


This T-shirt was discarded for a small stain on the front, I figured it would be pretty easy to cover.


I had this woman's shirt that I had used a piece of for another refashion and decided to use some more of it for this one.  I ripped strips out of the back, layered them and sewed them across the front.


Then made and added a cute flower out of the same material and a button to the front,  I love how cute this turned out.

Til Tomorrow

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment