Saturday 12 May 2012

Made by Me May - Day 11

You may have wondered why so many of the refashions I have shown so far have been childrens.  I find that it's easier to make something smaller than larger.  There aren't so many large sized items out there that I can make into something for me, besides I have so many little friends to make for.  All of my friends have children ranging from 15 years to 10 weeks, and I love creating for them.  The strange thing is none of my friends have children of both sexes, they either have all boys or all girls, and all my family members have at least one of each. That may not be all that interesting to you, but I have always found it weird.


I don't normally mess about with perfectly good items, especially brand new ones, but I wanted to make a dress up for a little friends 4th birthday.


So I took this top and the matching tank top and pulled them to pieces.


The tank made a great basis for the top, I added the frills from the shirt and little cap sleeves. Added some gold material from my stash and made the skirt from some black lace material that was gifted to me.


She loved it!  She abandoned her birthday party to put it on straight away and looked like a beautiful princess.  Now I just need to make her some pretty rapunzel hair, so keeping my eyes peeled for some yellow wool.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment